Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:41:04 -0500
From:         "Richard Alexand Palmer" <rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      Re: Get Yer List Stickers here!!!(postage explanation)

On Feb 7, 10:39pm, Dennis Kutchera wrote: > Subject: Re: Get Yer List Stickers here!!! > >POSTAGE: > > for up to 7 stickers, use one 32-cent stamp > > for 8-15, use two 32-cent stamps > > and add stamps for additional stickers. > > > >Non-USA orders, please send an extra $3.00 for postage. (in USA cash) > > Hmm, let's see, 32 cents for a stamp, but send $3.00 for postage. "Poor > Richard" won't be poor for long. > > Richard, perhaps you should rephrase that to "overseas orders", because, > Canada just happens to be stuck on your northern frontier and isn't as > furrin' as you may think. Typically, postage costs more between Canada & > the U.S., but usually in the order of 20 cents, or maybe two first class > stamps, I do not remember, but cetainly not $3.00. > > How about if the Canadians sent you a self addressed envelope and a US buck > for postage? Sound fair? > Hmm, it seems that this whole sticker mess just gets stickier and stickier... I charge $3.00 for non-USA orders to cover not only actual postal costs, but time as well. For USA orders, I will simply place the stickers in the return envelope, and drop it in the mailbox. For all others, I will have to get up off my lazy rear, and go to the post office to mail them. Not much of a hassle you say? Consider the Post Office's operating hours. They are, unfortunately, within the hours that I am at work. Therefore, to go to the post office, I have to take off from work. I have to clear this with my boss, and fill out paperwork. I also ride my bike to work, so I will not have to pay $200 for a parking sticker. Therefore, I have to take off enough time to ride my bike home, and then go to the post office, which makes for at least an hour and a half... While I realize that $3.00 might seem like a lot, there is reason behind it. If there were 100 or 50 or really even 20 non-USA orders, then perhaps I could not justify the extra cost. But, as of yesterday, there are 8 such orders, which makes for a pretty high average cost. I certainly do not wish to be annoying, or appear greedy, I just wanted to make known my reasons for the postage costs...Thanks. BTW, the stickers *should* be going out next week, barring another blizzard or some other lame excuse... Thanks.

-- Poor Richard

"I spend half my life explaining to Christians why I'm a Deadhead, and the other half explaining to Deadheads why I'm a Christian."

Give me the simple life. http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/