Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Feb 1996 22:27:24 -0500
From:         Jon Hathaway <jonr@empire.net>
Subject:      $1100 engine and  VT fast shuffle...

To address the first issue Fast German Auto has an ad in March VW Trends page 108.. Wasserboxer long blocks New Heads New pistons & cyls New Factory Bearings New Factory gasket kit Resurfaced flywheel

$1599 exchange.... for '84 and up...

for the '72 to '83 busses same parts with the exception of heads

$750 exchange...

Second issue...

I have quite a bit of business with these guys in Westminster VT.. for the most part they are very honest.... However, the guy who works the counter most of the time is NOT the owner... he is given a price list to go by... The Owner on the other hand does whatever he damn well pleases!! I've had the same thing happen to me there... only I drive over an hour to pick up the parts... and I have walked out of there when I felt he was gauging me!

Counter guy quotes one price, Owner decides he wants a few more bucks for the weekend... mail-order customer gets the shaft...

After reading all the feedback today, I called over there and told them that they are on the verge of losing well over 500 potential customers over this!

don't know if this will do any good, but I told them I won't be buying anything from them till this gets straightened out...

Most of the folks who work there are very much VW enthusiasts... The owner used to be.... now Money is his primary motivation...

Sad state of affairs that is becoming very prevalent in our Hobby/ Way of Life...

Nuff Said...

JonR NHVW club...