Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Mar 1996 12:31:58 -0600 (CST)
From:         Bob Hufford <bhufford@mail.orion.org>
Subject:      Busses on 66 (long)

I am contemplating hosting a rather small version of Busses on Route 66 in conjuction with our VW club's car show (the June Bug Jamboree) on the weekend of June 15th. I want to make up some t-shirts and I need several "worm's-eye-view" shots of a variety of Bus noses (all generations). So roll under the nose of your Bus and snap a couple of shots and send 'em to to me (I will send them back). Send to:

Bob Hufford 1825 E. Arlington Drive Springfield, MO 65803 USA

The gathering is unofficial at this point, but what I'm thinking is:

Date: Friday-Sunday June 14-16 Location: KOA, Springfield, MO (located on Route 66) We would join in the Friday night caravan/cruise on old Rt. 66 through Springfield (this is part of GROOVE's June Bug Jamboree weekend). Regular nightly camping fun. Saturday would begin with a pancake breakfast, then spend the majority of the day at the June Bug Jamboree VW Car Show (also on Rt. 66). Afternoon is open to whatever (visit to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, Missouri's #1 tourist attraction, etc.) More nightly camping fun. Sunday would be a 75 mile cruise on old Rt.66 to Joplin, Missouri (and the only VW dealer in a 200 mile radius). Lunch in Joplin. Event offcially ends (as our insurance will lapse).

GROOVE is now an official LiMBO chapter and they will be involved in some fashion.

Let me know if you are interested and thanks for any help with the t-shirt photos.

Bob Hufford \\ // "...in the GROOVE" \\ \\// // The Good/The Bad/The Ugly General Registry Of Ozarks' \\ \/ // '60 Double-Door Panel Volkswagen Enthusiasts \\ //\\ // '81 Vanagon (Sunroof) bhufford@mail.orion.org \\/ \\/ '61,'63,'67,'72 Bus Bones