Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Mar 1996 13:12:54 -0800
From:         wabbott@mtest.teradyne.com (William Abbott)
Subject:      Heal and tow, upright spin-on filters

David Schwarze and someone else observed that the Audi 5000 'uninteneded acceleration' pedal positions facilitated better heel-and- toe manipulations. My size 13 EEs will heel and toe over a good 8 inch space. As I approach 40, I've come to believe that if you're depending on close-spaced pedals for safety, you're driving too fast. But you might be better at it than I am. I still think it its too loud, you're too old :)

The Mexican beetle engine filter adaptors will not work with stock exhaust but might with my extractor. After the wedding and we get out my old house, some friends and I are thinking of another Friday trip to Tijuana to visit the VW dealer. We'll probably take the earliest flight in, cab to the downtown trolley station and trolley down to the border, then walk across. Can anyone recomend other places of interest for a bunch of guys (2-5) on a walking tour of Tijuana? Last time we walked up one side of the river and down the other, checking out various retail businesses, and especially looking in bookstores for VW manuals- no Bentley for the the Mexican-assembled products :( So why doesn't someone import these adaptors? Or are they in fact the hunks'o'junk Bob Hoover has written so movingly about?

Bren of "4 Amys and a GEX rebuild..." fame has a fixed high-top camper with fridge, etc. Sounds like a Safare Custom Camper- David's Boat's kid sibling (Bren's is a 79). David, where's the ID plates on Da Boat?

Happy motoring! Bill