Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Mar 1996 16:49:07 -0500 (EST)
From:         William Alan Killian <killian@qnet.com>
Subject:      Re: finding bad syncro wheel bearing

> Bill and Diane Killian don't like somebody's email signature bumper sticker.

Okay I admit I did have the .sig file in the replay but it was not JUST the .sig that was political. It is political opinion that the 'GUMMINT' is too big and out to get us. This is what I was pointing out. The .sig confirms that current neo-conservative anti-government point of view. I would not object to silly comments about pets in a joking manner THAT applied to volkswagen transporters. Remember the cats and ferrets in the air duct threads of a few months ago. That was '/F' level related to VW vans. The 'GUMMINT" out to cheat you and take everything you own is not related to VW vans. But this too is diverging from VW vans so any other comments ought to be private as well.

> I think you GOTTA let that stuff go by. It's not like the opinions are > catching. I've always found it interesting: You read someone's perfectly > rational posts for months and then suddenly discover that in some non- > Vanagon part of their lives they have opinions you think are ... wrong. > Happens with home pages, too -- You're looking at a list of pointers > someone thinks useful, and among the good ones you find the pointer to > Bungee Jumping Your Pet.

But is it rational to put a chevy V6 into a VW van? (Joke honest not serious)

> Anyway I'm comfortable ignoring in bumper stickers what neither I nor > our honored Listmeister seem to tolerate as threads, and I demand that you > feel exactly the same way I do. It's the American way.

'demanding' I feel exactly the same as you do is the American way?

bill and diane killian zen and the art of ferrets http://userwww.qnet.com/~killian/zen_home.htm