Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Mar 1996 16:15:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Porter_Fred%PAX9@mr.nawcad.navy.mil
Subject:      Re: difficult task

Some of list conversations with other members indicate that driving it to seattle would be worth your while--way over blue book prices and with your maintenance complete, a bargaining tool for even more.

I believe one quote was $10,400 for an 87 syncro GL with 95kmi ---------- |From: "vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu"@PMDF@PAXMB1 |To: porter fred; "vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu"@PMDF@PAXMB1 |Subject: Re: difficult task |Date: Monday, March 18, 1996 3:31PM | |<<File Attachment: 00000000.TXT>> |Sherwin Kaufman <sherwin@gnn.com> Writes: |> I think I'm interested in selling my 86 Westy syncro. Not camping |> anymore - what is a realistic price to ask? I bought it new and |> have all the repair records. Just replaced the heads, muffler and a |> a wheel bearing. Small rust in seams, noisy sink console and small |> dent in nose from a flying 2x4, bra covers it. It has air, stereo |> and all the other standards. Sherwin |> Sherwin Kaufman Spring Valley, New York 86 Westfalia Syncro | |Just one data point on an '86 Syncro Westie in NY (They are scarce here). | |I saw one for sale some time ago. The lady was asking $7800. | |Data: '86 Syncro Westie Weekender (Poptop and electrical fridge but |without the stove and sink). Some 60 000 miles. Rusted muffler. |Couldn't see much other rust. Recent tranny repair (diff lock). Clean |camping interior (Nearly unused! Why do these people buy westies?) |Two tone brown exterior. Similar interior colors. | |I wanted a full camper interior (like my '82) and didn't like the |brown color, so I passed. Was bought by another westy owner who |upgraded 2WD -> 4WD. I don't know actual selling price. | |Tip: If you want to sell locally put for sale signs in the windows. |VW bus addicts tend to fixate intensively on brick-shaped moving |objects. I would guess that this kind of exposure is more effective |than placing microscopic ads in the local "shopping guides". |Stimulates impulse buying ;-) | |/Martin | |