Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:57:41 -0500
From:         DHaynes57@aol.com
Subject:      Has anyone driven or owned a Rialta?  Test Drive!

Today I had the opurtunity to drive a Rialta. This is a mini motor home type vehicle that is bilt by Winnebago on top of a Eurovan chasis. At 20 feet long, I was quite impressed with the way it drove and handled. With a GVWR of 7,000lbs, I was surprised at how well it accelerated. It actualy felt faster than my synchro. Must be the gearing! The interior was very well appointed including dual engine AC and heat. It was also equiped with a generator, roof AC, and a propane furnace. It also had a two burner stove and a microwave. The refrigerator had a small freezer section. It basicaly had everything the Westfalia is missing. It even had a bathroom with a pull out shower. It could seat 8, sleep 4 adults in comfort. It even had acolor TV with VCR connections.

My major concern was the rear axle design. The axle actually is lower than the rims. I wonder if there is a problem hitting things on the road. I am also concerned about the reliability of the transmission. It seems to be worked very hard. Anyway, I plan on waiting a few years and see if I can get one of these used. The list price was $47,000. They came down to $42,000 and told me I could finance it for 15 years as it is a real motor home. The interest is also tax deductible as a second home. Anyway, stil to rich for my blood. Maybe in five years I can one that is slightly broken in! Yea, right.

Infatuated for shure, Dennis