Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 1996 09:59:54 PST
From:         Clay_Perry@we.xerox.com (Perry,Clay)
Subject:      Wood Westie Interiors (T2)

Now that I have a camper that moves under its own power I am going to begin cleaning up the interior. This 78 has the plastic laminate trim in a real oppressive dark color and the front kick panels and headliner are vinyl. I prefer the plywood panels and trim in my old 71 and am going to reproduce some panels using Baltic Birch or whatever light vernier plywood I can scrounge. I think I will whip up some maple cabinets for the van when I am making the cabinets for my new house so that I can sneak them past the watchful eye of my wife/foreman ("your not going out to work on the VW again? Don't you know we have a house to build?").

My Question/offer- It wouldn't be much more work to make a template for cutting out the kick panels, headliner and trim versus making a one off set, does any one else wish to install plywood instead of laminate and vinyl? If I can get enough interest I would gladly reproduce these for the masses for a minimum of labor cost and price of wood. If not then I will make one for me and never bring the subject up again.

Also- since I am chief designer of the cabinets I am looking for suggestions on the ultimate layout and configuration. I would gladly listen to any advice about what you would add / subtract from your current setup.

Thanks Clay