Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 96 16:18:41 EST
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      WCM package arrives

Hey all, Today I got a box full of little things from WCM for my bus.

I got the plastic caps that go over the wiper shafts on the outside of the bus.

I got the clips that mount the chrome VW emblem to the front of the bus so I mounted that thing and now I'm gonna be seriously paranoid that someone will steal it. I hope not.

I got two new pedal pads, so now my feet won't slip off the clutch and brake pedals anymore. Whew! Safer driving when my feet are wet :) .

I got the door pull strap for the passenger side as my old one was rapidly deteriorating. Actually, as I removed the old one, it fell apart in my hands. The new one seems to be pretty darn sturdy.

I got one of those red rubber covers for the positive battery post.

I got a very cool blue/white VW logo sew-on patch. I think I'm gonna put it on my backpack.

Last but not least, I got the rubber boots for the clutch and brake pedals, which, surprisingly, are the exact same part as the rubber air seals around the spark plug wires in the engine compartment. When I got them in my package, I thought they sent the wrong thing until I pulled the old, boots off and compared part #s. Exactly the same. Neat! Now I can't see the ground anymore through the hole for the clutch pedal. Putting the new ones on looked like it might be a challenge, but rather than taking apart the pedals, I just slit the new boot so it was open on one side and put it on around the pedal. It seems to be staying on there very well, so the method is apparently successful. Much easier than the alternative.

So that's what I did today.

Sean