Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 1996 16:27:52 -0800
From:         "Christian Owens (Volt Comp)" <a-chowen@microsoft.com>
Subject:      This may not work

But I'm going to take a guess that it will work based on the other listproc mailers I am on.

Hi! I just subscribed today, and thought I would take some time to introduce myself before I start pumping you all for information about my ailing aquisition.

Name: Squid Hartha aka Squido aka Christian Owens Occupation: Microsoft drone Preffered Locomotion: Sport Bikes Rational Locomotion: Recently aquired '83 VW Vanagon.

Why did I subscribe: Cause someone on this list better know more about horizontally opposed 4 cylindar fuel injected engines than I do. I know normally aspirated in-line 4s stuffed into small chassix with 2 wheels, purpose built to go REALLY fast.

And if someone like this does really exist, well I need to pick you brain cause my Vanagon is acting weird. I talk to it real nice and stuff, I encourage it to go, and it still doesn't always pay attention when I ask it to do things.

So I need a mentor, and hey, I hang out with leather clad speed junkies, but I suppose cruising around in mini bagos and camping could be just as much fun as trying to see just how quickly I can get from Home to work at 6:00 a.m.

More on my bad VW when I start getting messages back from the list

Squido