Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         21 Mar 1996 11:51:31 -0800
From:         "Bren Smith" <bren_smith@dantz.com>
Subject:      Re: WTB 68-71 Crew Cab

All,

Thanks for the responses to my post "WTB 68-71 crew cab". Tom Johnson appropriately pointed out my "lower 48 centric" view of the world. I forgot that Alaska is also part of the Left Coast. Perhaps I'm a candidate for a subscription to National Geographic? Anyway, thanks for the invite Tom, if you can provide copious amounts of mosquito repellent I may take you up on your offer.

I think that part of the allure of getting a fixer upper is anticipating the journey itself. I mean if you've only got to travel a few miles to pick something up, where's the adventure in that? Then again, to look at the other side of the equation, there's the cost of traveling to pick something up.

Joel Walker gave me a very detailed description of his '68, for which I am grateful. I fear though that I would have to get down on my hands and knees to convince my boss that I need to fly to Alabama for some trade show, and then convince him that I need a week off for trailering a car back. Hmmmm, it's enticing Joel, but we'll see.

So thanks again to all, I'm putting up a map with pins for each location that contains my possible dream machine.

Certainly if any of you run across anything, please let me know.

RAMBLE = OFF

thanks,

Bren

Bren Smith aka NetBoy |510/253-3048 voice Dantz Development |510/253-9099 fax 4 Orinda Way, Bldg C |bren@dantz.com Orinda, CA 94563 |"Practice safe government - use kingdoms"