Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Mar 1996 13:45:20 -0500 (EST)
From:         rhutchis@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Ron Hutchison)
Subject:      Sealing Wax Red, L52, paint mixing codes

Hi all,

I am currently restoring a 1962 Deluxe and I'm having trouble matching the lower red colo(u)r (L53). Dupont doesn't have this color listed in the Centari acrylic enamyl. However, the European mix number is ICR206 for their version of Centari, but EC colours codes can't be translated to North American Centari colors. So..., if any of you have mixed Sealing Wax Red in NA Centari, can you E-mail me your mixing code, (or give me the phone number of anyone who has)?

For those of you using other systems, I have managed to track down codes for their paints.

Glassurit/Glasso(?) 1 800 825 3000

# color ammount (for 1 gal)

M38 orange 1870.7 M60 white 2929.9 M974 black 3549.7 M61 maroon 4029.8 M59 purple 4507.6

PPG Delstar (not official color, courtesy of Perry __ from CA)

(1/2 gal) 475 1145.6 491 1206.4 474 1273.6 400 1360.0 495 1400.0 499 2000.0

The Dupont tech support person (restored 2 Issetta's and a Messershmidt) (@1 800 338 7668) said he would list an L53 color in the Centari if I could find a color mix though vanagon@lenti or locally. Any advice on this color matching would be most welcome.

Ron Hutchison rhutchis@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu

1962 De Luxe (beige-grey, red) 1993 EV MV Westy (Bold Carribian(?) Teal)