Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Mar 1996 02:13:19 +0000
From:         Charlie Callahan <charliec42@ilinkgn.net>
Subject:      a question or two..

Um, being not new to vws, but new to vanagons, I have a few questions in regards to me '85:

Burping the Radiator; I looked at the faq's, but still not clear how the debubbling process is accomplished.

Annoying Heater Cable Snap: One of my control cables has snapped right at the space-shuttle-compexity a/c control, thereby creating colder conditions than my Beetle .. It's the frontmost lefthand cable on control #2.

There's wire about 2-3 inches out, and traced the thing into the floor. How far does it go, and how much resistance should the wire have in doing its job? (that is, the other end may be stuck..) is it a hideos prospect of changing the wire, or should I try to improvise a connector with what's left?

And the Obligatory: Scary sounding klack:. Sometimes the noise goes away utterly when it's warm.. I've eared everything, and narrowed it down to that metal assembly that regulates the air intake. sounds like something getting pulled to with every cycle and rattling loose inside it. the noise seems to eminate from it.. Ideas?

Charlie"Just a few more adjustments" C