Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Mar 1996 08:17:33 -0500
From:         "Morris H. Arthur" <marthur@gibbs.oit.unc.edu>
Subject:      heater cable snap

> {Charlie snapped his heater cable}

Real solution: go buy a heater cable and thread it. This could be easy or hard depending on the condition of your tubes and the sharpness of the turns. (I'd try to avoid it...)

Quick solution: Crawl under the bus. Look for two big tubes that leave the front of your engine on each side of the trans. Find the heater control box and wire the boxes permanently open. (Have someone play with the controls to help you find'em...) Obviously, you need to undo your handiwork when summer arrives.

Best solution: Lift up the back seat of your Beetle (yes, I said Beetle). If you have heater ducts under there, check the cables that go to them. My ducts had these sweet little cable connectors that allowed one to insert two ends of a solid cable and fasten them with two screws, thereby connecting two cables... Steal one of those and put it in your Bus.

Contact me if you don't know how the heater boxes actually work...

Good luck.

+++ Morris Arthur < morris_arthur@unc.edu > +++ +++ Environmental Sciences and Engineering +++ +++ University of North Carolina +++