Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         25 Mar 96 24:54
From:         L.S.Griffiths@physics.salford.ac.uk
Subject:      Got the single cab, yeah

hi all,

I finally went down to London and picked up the '61 single cab on Saturday.

It was a 3 hour train journey then a 5 hour! drive back at an average of about 45mph (230miles).

It used about a pint of all so I was quite impressed, though I wasn't impressed by the lack of heat, my legs nearly froze :(

The damn thing is so rust free though I can't believe it :)

It's got all the correct bits in the cab, black knobs etc. It has NOS tilt and canvas which I put up yesterday and it looks cool.

I went round the bus and oiled just about everything and it works so much better, all the doors and flaps and lips and stuff all work smoothley now. I also adjusted the tick over speed as it was running a little high - it's actually got the carb off of an early bay on it.

All I need to do is replace one if the reduction box outer seals as it's leaking a bit, although the bus is suffering from general neglect and just needed someone like me to get hold of it - i can't wait to fill the drop sides with oil! :)

The gear shift is a bit ropey though, I think something must be worn along the way, because the gears are perfect it's just the shift on 1st , 2nd and reverse. 3rd and 4th are fine.

Just some questions:

Where does the spare wheel go ? Where is the chassis plate ?

Lee.