Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Mar 1996 15:47:05 -0800 (PST)
From:         Still in litigation <jwilson@robles.callutheran.edu>
Subject:      Leo Carillo Campout

Thanks to anyone who made this a personal outing for themselves last weekend, and in addtition, my apologies if I did not get the chance to see you as I wandered about the campsite somewhat aimlessly. There were half a dozen of so beautiful busses gracing the camp site with their presence. Makes me proud to be an American. Thanks Dan for the tour of your splitty...beauty. The Coca-Cola bottle opener was the icing on the cake. Hopefully I can show mine off to you next time! Well, the fires were ragings, the conversation was bubbling, and the trip was a great way for me, and hopefully a few of you to end your month with... Now while the camping was good, some bad karma struck me on the way out there and hopefully I can get by with a little help with my friends. I got the old red light on in the dash telling me something is funny with the electrics of the van. (To update, it's a '69) Now it isn't the full-on bright hey stupid wake up and stop the engine bright, but it's a dim red that goes out at idle and builds up with the RPM's, reaching at cruising speed about 50-60% of it's brightness. I thinking it's the regulator or hopefully not, the generator. But the problem it that it's intermittent. On the way there, the red light was on. Fortunately, my battery still had enough juice left to crank over the next morning, a struggled start at that, but nonetheless a start, and ran perfectly fine all the way back home. It was good all day Saturday, then yesterday, the same bad karma struck me. Enough of my side, if any of you have any suggestions to offer, I would be much oblidged.

One other note. I remember page surfing through VW trends a few months ago and they had a clip of a motorcycle frame with a aircooled VW-4 cylinder for weebos. I think I remember the copy saying something about it being swiss. Any takers on this mystery?

Thanks for all those who suffered through to the end of this message! -Jason