Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Mar 1996 23:51:41 -0500
From:         DDArtsy@aol.com
Subject:      Thanks!

Thanks to Joel, William, Dennis & Tim for the helpful info on the front suspension squeak. I am going to wait on that project until this summer. We will be moving close to a friend of mine who has lots of tools and space to fix just about anything.

In the mean time, I am trying to gather all the right parts for a dual battery/PV solar installation. I need to be ready to leave by Saturday for a 2 week road trip from N. CA to Santa Fe, Taos, and maybe S. Utah. So if any of you see a dirt-brown '84 Vanagon Westy cruising through the desert SW with 2 mt. bikes & a PV panel on top(I hope!), give us a honk!!

I've sent for the sheetmetal battery compartment & lid assembly (that's missing from my Vanagon) to be pop riveted inside the driver side under-seat aux. battery cavity. Also coming: SCI MKlll charge controller, Solavolt 7500 72.2watt PV panel/mount brackets and an inverter to run AC equipment. So far, Solar Electric in San Diego has been unable to ship the PV panel I want. Apparent problems with suppliers and nothing in stock... Very frustrating! I did find a great source for deep-cycle batteries to fit Vanagons: ARC Battery Co. Inc. in Sausalito (Al Fredrich 415 332-3272). Al learned the business from his dad and REALLY knows his stuff. Called him up, told him what I needed, went over to pick up the battery! Wished I had called him first! (I almost stuck a trojan under the rear bench because I could'nt find a deep cycle battery to fit under the drivers seat) So, now I just sit here with my van torn apart waiting for the parts to arrive.... aarrgg!

Keith O

PS Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming that to stop the Vanagon mail from clogging my mailbox while I am gone, I send an unsubscribe "my name" Vanagon List note.