Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:33:02 -0500
From:         Claralw@aol.com
Subject:      Re: VAN,B.C.: Body shop recommendations?

The lower track where the sliding door rides is now so rusted that the door rollers drop into the holes allowing the door to fall off(!). I'd like to get a new plate welded in there so my door stays on when I open it. And while I'm at it, I'd like to get the door hinge mechanism fixed so I don't have to hip-check the door everytime to close it. ---- cant help you with the door rust, but on the mechanism life is good. Take yr door panel off and take both mechanisms out, one at at time might be less complicated, and gease them up so the parts work and move smoothly. I did this to my old 73 just before i sold it, and suddenly the door slid shut on a feather touch, and open too. :)