Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:55:56 -0400 (AST)
From:         smitht@unb.ca (Tim Smith)
Subject:      '85 ClubCab FS (to me!)

Ok folks, info/advice time. Found the above parked next to a house ways outa town. Spotless (SPOTLESS!) inside, usual seam rust, never hit/painted, has 100/200/300K? Kms on the clock, transporters only show 5 digits on odo. One less than perfect prob, it's not a walkthrough, it's got the single/double front section, full width partition, rear is 3 seater bench. Seats 6 or 7 if you pack the backseat with 4. Never used as a work truck, mostly highway mileage since new, one owner only. Bra and rear bed factory(?) tarp, bed in great shape with one broken slat. Gates undented. A rare find, made all the more so by the transmission.

Wierd part where I want advice... it's an autobox!! Anyone with a 1.9l and autobox got pointers for me? Any vanagon pickup drivers with rust areas to check beyond exterior/seams. Underbed locker looked rustfree, as did wheel wells. This is one of those wierd 'iffy' deals, it was for sale last fall, unknown to me, dammit. It's now parked in the neighbours drive, who's going to give him some money soon as he gets back from winter working in USA.... so I'm holding my breath on this. Guys been gone 4 months, due back this months end. No keys/test drive, sigh.

Wish me luck. This should finish my SOs objections over buying another van, she can't/won't drive a standard, sooooo..... ;>.

Tim Smith