Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Mar 96 12:00:11 -0500
From:         Dave Mancuso <dlm202@psu.edu>
Subject:      Eastern PA Camping Update 3--April 19-21

The votes are in and the date stays the same.

The French Creek State Park camping trip is April 19, 20, and 21.

FCSP is located near Pottstown, PA, east of Harrisburg but west of Philly (kinda east of Lancaster...kinda southwest of Allentown...). I'll post specific directions in a later post.

THEY HAVE HOT SHOWERS. Or so they say. (see Martha, we are civilized on the East Coast!)

They have 200 family campsites (that's the designation, as opposed to their tent sites). There are no electrical hookups. The sites cost 10.00 per night for PA residents (or if a PA resident rents the site for you) and 12.00 per night for non-PA residents.

They have two lakes for fishing, 32 miles of trails, and Hopewell Furnace is near there (I've never been to it, but everyone who knows where FCSP is says, "Oh yeah, have you been to Hopewell Furnace near there?"). It's probably too early to swim, so I didn't ask them for that info.

You are certainly welcome to come either night (or anytime) if you can't make it for the full trip.

I think BYOF (bring your own food) may be the easiest way to go for meals, although I'll share my (what I laughingly call) "cuisine" with any who are brave.

I will be there at 7pm on Friday, and will probably leave around 1pm on Sun.

For any more details, let me know at dlm202@psu.edu (soon to change, so don't memorize it or anything).

Peace, Dave

================= Dave Mancuso

"If you can't take a joke, then don't be one."

'87 Westy (Kalypso)