Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:36:44 -0800 (PST)
From:         "A Brandon Smith" <brandys@ichips.intel.com>
Subject:      Great way to look for holes

Hey there!

One day I'll do one repair without breaking or doing something else along the way that makes for another entire job :) I can't believe some people are actually naturals at fixing things!! :)

Well last night while replacing the wiper motor, I discovered an amazing way to check for holes in the heater duct that runs under the bus. Late at night when it is dark out, drop your small mag light flashlight down into the piping! I removed the plastic "Y" that guides "hot" air up to defrost the windows so I could replace the motor. And wouldn't you know it, slip, slide, and away:) so it was under the bus, remove the skid(?) plate that protects the pedals and such, remove the patches I placed there to cover the holes, and use the magnet on the stick to retrieve the flashlight (good thing it was a metal one). But in the process I could see the light shinning out of a hole on the top I never saw before. Oh well, duct tape to the temporary resuce.

I did get the wiper motor in eventually, and now I no longer rely on Rain-X. And even better this weekend we move into a new house with a GARAGE. Wow, no more repairs in the rain and wind on those cold winter nights!!!! Oh, summer is comming. Oh well, better late than never at least!

take care all and have a good weekend!

brandy

-- \ / A. Brandy pSmythe (brandys@ichips.intel.com) \ / (503)264-4239 Pole:JF1-E18 \ X / Intel Corp MD6 networks \ / \ / **************************************** \/ \/ ***"EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN THE BUS!"*** 1973 CAMPER ****************************************