Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Mar 96 20:44:12
From:         dace.ecc@argonet.co.uk (David Eccles)
Subject:      Coming to America!

Yep, Cee and I and the tribe have committed the plastic to the airline and fly into the US of A at end of June. We fly to Albuquerque, and thence pick up an RV to spend time touring New Mexico. Arizona and Colorado. Any advice or ideas for things we really must see and do really appreciated..I'm still getting my head round where all these States are! After 23 years with Splitties and with LARGE children who seem to fill enormous spaces we have decided not to rent a Vee Dubblyuh (shame... I know) but have opted for a bit of bourgoise luxury like air conditioning and being able to actually stand up (we have fixed roof in our bus). Still there is a very good chance I may actually get to drive a '53 deluxe for a mile or so on Route 66 which will be a blast! Any events or things VW go on in these areas in July? (We'll park and walk!) Thanks to those who advised re airflights it was really helpful. Any thoughts re itinerary things gratefully received. Also anyone ever used one of these RV Beasts...will a 25 footer do for the equiv of 4 adults and a 10 yr old/ Or is that too big?..Cheers...be seeing you maybe?! :) :) --

**dace.ecc@argonet.co.uk** Hal 'ECHO' Eccles - WFRP, X-files, etc... David (bill payer)Eccles - SSVC, Volkswagens etc '67 Split; '72 Bug