Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Mar 1996 18:02:01 -0800
From:         wabbott@mtest.teradyne.com (William Abbott)
Subject:      turn signal blinker, More Mermen tour dates

So my '70 pickup (Little Martha)'s turn signals changed symptoms slightly. I haven't gotten the new emergency flasher switch installed but will get it from Antonio VW's parts dept. this weekend. Used to be, signalling a turn produced blinking lights BUT the green arrow indicators in the left-'instrument' face would light steadily. Now, at first, BOTH the exterior lamps AND the instrument indicator blink, and the sound of the blinker is louder. Then the sound get softer and the indicator stays on without blinking. Cycling the emergency blinker switch on and off still causes the green interior indicators to go out once the turn signal is cancelled. The emergency blinker still doesn't work, still, however. This is still telling me to change the switch, but can anyone relate these symptoms to their experinces? Is the blinker bad TOO?

The steel wool joke is from my friend Karl Pedersen.

The latest from The Mermen: April 5 - Transmission Theatre, SF, CA 6 - The Press Club, Sacramento, CA 12 - Palookaville, Santa Cruz, CA 13 - Community Center, Bolinas, CA 17 - John Henry's, Eugene, OR 18 - The Crocodile Cafe, Seattle, WA 19 - Town Pump, Vancouver, BC 20 - Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR 22 - The Zephyr Club, Salt Lake City, UT 24 - The Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO 25 - The Dingo Bar, Albuquerque, NM 26 - The Bluebird Theatre, Denver, CO 28 - The Strand, Redondo Beach 30 - The Casbah, San Diego, CA

May 1 - The Rocking Horse, Scottsdale, AZ 2 - The Dragonfly, West Hollywood, CA 3 - Coach House, San Juan Capistrano, CA 17 - Great American Music Hall, SF, CA

June 15 - McGathey Convention, NYC, NY

Hope to see you at a show and, as always, thank you for liking our music!

Best regards,

Allen Whitman for The Mermen