Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Mar 1996 08:19:50 +0800 (WST)
From:         Scott Atkinson <Scott.Atkinson@per.dwr.csiro.au>
Subject:      Vanagon towing HEAVY loads

G'day all

The moment of truth has arrived! I am about to sell the trusty F100, but, my wife has suddenly got cold feet.

My neighbor, who is a great fan of american iron, says that the F100 will still be towing heavy loads when the VW is scrap!

Has anyone had experience towing heavy loads (1 ton or more) repeatedly for long distances, and has it had any dire consequences on the VW engine or transaxle?

Thanks for the advice as strangely?? my wife seems to have "faith" in your collective experience ( funny, she never listens to me ;))

Scott and Tania Atkinson 90 Vanagon GL Auto 74 F100

-- Scott Atkinson Computer Systems Manager CSIRO Division of Water Resources Email: Scott.Atkinson@per.dwr.csiro.au Private Bag Phone: +61-9-387 0206 PO Wembley WA 6014 Fax: +61-9-387 8211 Australia Web: http://www.dwr.csiro.au