Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Mar 1996 23:09:22 -0500
From:         mjanello@umich.edu (Mark Janello)
Subject:      Re: VW stuff

At 12:23 PM 3/6/96, Linda J. Bartnik wrote: >Hey all, >While I was parts shopping at the local FL(foreign)APS today I asked the >counter >guy if they carried the big chrome VW logo that goes on the front of the bus. >The guy said "you're not gonna want it when I tell you." It was >$78(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I told him he was right. Well, when i receive my WCM and >RMMW catalogs I will see if they carry them, but if anyone has a spare one >(yeah >right) that will fit a '78 bus, let me know and maybe we can work out >something.

I have a late bus logo, but I don't know if it will fit a '78. I bought a bunch of stuff a while ago from someone who had had both a '71 and a '76 bus, which according to parts catalogs have different logos. Does anyone know what is the difference? It is 25 cm across, has four little grooved pegs to hold it on, and is chrome or some good facsimile thereof (could it be stainless steel?).

I don't need it because my bus is a '62 and I alread paid too much money for a bent, rusty logo :-(

Mark mjanello@umich.edu '62 Kombi