Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 1996 12:51:59 -0500
From:         "Richard Alexand Palmer" <rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      Another Bus adventure!!!

Howdy all. Those of you old faithful might recall last summer when fellow listmember Kevin Murray and I swapped busses. I traded him my '66 Sunroof Deluxe for a '65 single cab. Since then, I discovered the insidious rust-monster was eating away at my trusty '67 camper, and the damage was more than I had thought. So, I sold my sweetie bus, in super running shape, to a friend, after purchasing a clean-bodied '67 camper. That camper supposedly ran, but had been sitting for 14 years. Upon tearing down the engine, we discovered that the case was trashed, and had already been bored out to the limit. Turning to you, my faithful listvolk, for help, I got into contact with Kevin again, who offered a brand new 1600 SP, in a fresh AS41 case, which was just what the doctor ordered. The only problem being that he is in Florida, and I in North Carolina. Well, since he had driven the truck to me last time, it was my turn to do the driving this time. So, tomorrow, (Friday), while all you are discussing humorus things like busses and gun control, I'll be truckin' on down to Florida, where we'll put the new engine in a different camper he has. We'll then completely redo the brakes, and handle whatever other tweakings need to be made, before I turn around and head back here, hopefully in time for work. Whew! So anyway, send good thoughts/prayers/vibes this way, please, and keep an eye out for a full report when it all is over! Also, I will have a '67 walk-through camper for sale (no engine) next week, so if anyone is interested, I can send details, when I figure out which one I'm selling. Also also, THere are still plenty more list stickers available. I may do another batch of t-shirts in another month, or I may do a special Split-window t-shirt. Ok, I think that's it...

-- Poor Richard

"I spend half my life explaining to Christians why I'm a Deadhead, and the other half explaining to Deadheads why I'm a Christian."

Give me the simple life. http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/