Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Mar 96 21:46 CST
From:         khooper@wsp1.wspice.com (Ken Hooper)
Subject:      Re: Memphis or Bust...

>I remember taking the switch wire off the starter when I >hot-wired it and crawl under the bus to reattach it.

But he was in such a swivet over his plane maybe leaving without him that he didn't tighten it down. This causes bizarre and spectacular electrical problems that will befuddle a person like me for at least two days. Finally figured it out. ;)

David Easterwood can change out an entire steering column in about an hour, including time answering my barrages of questions ("What's that wad of canvas for?"). Pretty impressive.

>Turns out I will be going next week to pick up the '56 & Ken & I will >complete our business together then.

I expect he means he's going to come by here and make me give his tools back. ;)

Oh, and it warn't the steel-toed boots that concerned the security people at the airport, it was the fact that he didn't have time to wash up after all that mechanicing and he looked like a threat to the domestic tranquility. ;)

--Ken '71 Bus, '68 Westy