Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Mar 96 15:56:28 GMT
From:         ben@craycom.co.uk (Ben Ryan)
Subject:      starter motor woes

Hi,

Well the only two things that are now stopping me from driving my van are, insurance (i've got to wait until pay day to afford it), and a small problem with the starter motor, well the problem is finding the right one to fit my engine. The engine i have is a 1200 30hp (i think you call this the 36hp in the states) and every single 6V starter we have tryed does not fit the flywheel properly. does anyone know how many different 6V starters there are, and any sources i could possibly purchase one from?

Sorry to bother people with this, but as i am quite new to all this e-mail and internet stuff, i was wondering what other mailing lists are availible, is there a list of lists availible, i know there must be quite a few.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Ben Ryan '62 Camper