Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Mar 1996 08:23:14 -0800
From:         Mark McCulley <raven@halcyon.com>
Subject:      RE: 87 Vanagon: Not your ordinary leaking head

I'm certainly going to investigate further, but I couldn't see or feel any coolant around the hose fitting. I used a dentist mirror to get the best look I could and it appeared coolant was weeping right out of the head, in a line, just under the flange for the stud. It's hard for me to believe there could be an invisible crack that goes all the way through the head to the coolant chamber.

I really hate to do anything involving removing the head right now and am tempted to use some kind of "JB Weld" product to seal the crack. But then, the crack is liable to grow and then fail catastrophically.

-Mark McCulley

---------- >From: Joel Walker[SMTP:JWALKER@UA1VM.UA.EDU] Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 1996 7:08 PM