Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Mar 1996 23:19:59 (EST)
From:         "Eric Zeno" <eric.zeno@mail.industry.net>
Subject:      Syncro transmisions

TO the list; Dennis wrote: " I feel that abusinsing them in this way is a pathetic act. You should sell it to someone that will appreciate it and buy a rundown jeep, blazer, or subarbun to do your dirty work. These things will do that work with liitle trouble and no one will care when it is destroyed. You will also save a lot of money on repairs. The Syncro Vanagon is an excelent vehicle when used and maintained as designed. When mistreated, it will become a piece of junk real quick and you will hold a grudge against the breed forever. Just my 2 cents. Trying to keep the breed around forever. Dennis.

Hey Dennis WE have to talk. I would never abuse my Syncro. It's just that I get my use out of My vehicles. I no, I will find myself in the middle of the woods and have a need to get some work of some kind done.Therefore I want to no it's limitations. I keep my vehicles in top shape! tuned to the max., oil changed every 3000, washed every week, Engine detailed once a year. Brake fluid PS fluid flushed once a year. and on and on. I don't plain on this stump pulling every day on any regular basis.

BY the way -- I'm going to replace the fluid in the trans. Can you recomment a brand? Also I think I better check the front axel. Is that fluid the same? Thanks for your help ERic ZEno 86 GL 86 Syncro 72 240Z 1936 Chrysler

?

ÿÿC