Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Apr 96 14:48 EST
From:         raulb@iglou.com (Raul Barreras)
Subject:      Re: Census concensus

>geez, i HATE being called "Mr." :) > >don't worry about duplicate lists ... i just keep the info for the stats. >some folks have expressed a worry/caution/reluctance about such info being >let out, so i don't put out much on the list other than the state/country >... > >anyway, if you want to do it, ok by me. the parts thing would be a good deal >for lots of folks. somebody on the list has already started a used-parts >web page, i think, but i can't recall who it was. > >but i will warn you: it's a curiosity that will turn into almost an >obsession!! ;) and it's a pain to keep it up (at least in my case, what with >folks getting on the list and off and back on again). > >and if you do it on your pc, you'll need a good way to get the info uploaded >to the internet (which i don't have :( so i have to do it on a mainframe in >a dippy ibm nick-name "database" program. really kinda sucks.) good luck! > >joel

I understand. The whole idea is to have a centralized place for parts and general location of the listees. Only those that are interested and send me the minimum information will get a list of items and general locations of other members of this particular list. This way there won't be a waste of bandwidth and definitely other members will not be bothered.

I do something like this for the military right now on a much bigger scale. So, it is not a bother for me and actually, I feel that it is a way for me to "pay" back for all the questions I ask and the answers I receive. Basically, my contribution to the list, so to speak.

I don't feel there is a duplication of efforts. Joel is doing something for one purpose and I would be doing something else for another purpose. Make note that this is not a debate. So, if you feel that my efforts are not what you want/like (in general) then don't send me information. To the people that do send me the information, as soon as I have enough people and information, you will get a list in your own mailbox about once a week if there are enough changes.

As of right now, less than 24 hours from my first post, there are 14 people interested. Remember to send ME your messages with a subject of "Census" (no quotes) and I will add you to my list. I will read all the messages and catalog them accordingly; parts for sale, buying or even vehicles for sale, not to forget, add you to the list.

Don't send your messages to the list, instead send them to raulb@iglou.com and I'll take care of them. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Raul Wilma (1982 Westfalia) Still no name (1956 Microbus) possible Larson