Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Apr 96 16:29 EDT
From:         raulb@iglou.com (Raul Barreras)
Subject:      Gas heater (not revisited)

Hi y'all! Now, the automatic "to the point" matter:

Has anyone had any business transactions with the firm stated below? Good, bad, other? I would appreciate input in this matter.

I am wanting to acquire a gas heater for a 1956 Microbus and would like to know what type it had when the first owner got it and if it was a B2 (BN2?) or a Stewart Warner. I am being asked $350 for a B2 unit basically new (being put together as I type). The bus has a bracket under the dash in front of the passenger side, and triangular holes where something holds the unit.

Any ideas, suggestions about price and type of unit are HIGHLY appreciated. TIA.

BTW, it seems like a home operation and by what I could gather, the individual seems very knowledgeable about the heaters utilized. He asked for a photo of the braket in order to tell me exactly the type of unit that the vehicle had and should get.

Raul Wilma (1982 Westfalia) Larson (1956 Microbus)

Automotive Heater Technology, Inc. new and used auto gas heaters, Ark Mirvis German and American; remanufatured 31 Byram Bay Road and new Eberspacher and Webasto heaters; Hopatcong, NJ 07843-1921 repair service; one-year guarantee. (201) 398-6363