Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Apr 96 18:35:31 EDT
From:         snuggles@VNET.IBM.COM
Subject:      A cool Vw Setting

hey now,

the talk about vw ads i've just read has me thinking again of this weekend. thought i'd share. went to GreenFest, met Stefan and his bus there, we got a nice corner in a field shaded by trees. beautiful day..but we get a shower about the time of dinner. luckily, earlier we set up a tarp from my van to the woods and had some dry area.

anyway, it's raining during supper so me and my friend amanda hop in the van for a candlelit dinner of black beans and rice. stefan and my other friends hang outside. it was kinda romantic and all, i'm getting to know mandy and we are really getting close. unfortunately, all the food and drink is outside. so i had my buddies act as waiters...passing the red wine, a beer or two, bread and stuff to us...they were great waiters and even took our dirty dishes when we were done. kudos to the wait staff! (thanks for the red wine stefan!)

anyways, there were a couple of other buses and a wasserleakingvw (hehehe) parked next to us. but i guess we were bad neighbors cuz that bus was gone in the morning. did we make to much noiZe? saw a nice forest green westfaila and i think i'll have my van painted to match that color. was really kewl.

mandy and i slept perfectly that night. i sleep better in my vw then i do in my bed at home. i'm glad to say that i think mandy and i have many future trips in ole Rumba planned. including buses on the blue ridge coming up soon.

well, mandy had to leave about 7:30am sunday morning (huh? what time is it?) so i got up to see her off. couldn't get back to sleep but that was okay since stefan woke up and so did my friend langdon. we sat around eating brie and drinking coffee and shooting the shit about vws.

had a great time.....

jonathan