Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Apr 1996 20:31:32
From:         EXPRES@gnn.com (RON SALMON)
Subject:      Re: Weekend Camping (East PA)

> h Creek State Park: > >All are certainly welcome for any part of the weekend they can make (they >have 24 hour registration for camping). I'll be there from 7pm Friday >till 1pm Sunday. > >I can tell by the stats that there are 12 of us in Eastern PA. 4 of us >are accounted for; the rest of you, come on down! > Count me in for Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, as long as the weather is nice. (My wife works Saturday 'til 2.) I'm only 1/2 hour from French Creek State Park, so it will be a short trip. Is there any way of reserving adjoining spots, that you know of, or is the overnight area so small that it won't matter? I've never been to that section of the park (don't usually camp out 1/2 hour from home!), so I don't know how big or crowded it is.

This will be our first camping trip in our '85 Westy, which we bought over the winter to replace our beloved (and often camped-in) '77 Westy. Should be a good opportunity to find out what works, before taking the long trips this summer. Besides, my wife promised to take her nephew camping this spring, so she'll have something to do while I'm talking "busses."

Looking forward to meeting more of the list members in person! Hopefully more of the 12 Eastern Pa members will join us!

-Ron Salmon '63 Deluxe '85 Westy and various others in whole or parts