Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Apr 1996 10:47:15 -0700
From:         dlytle@as.arizona.edu (Dyer Lytle)
Subject:      '66 progress,parts,powder coating?

Hi all,

I received a large order of parts from Wolfsberg-West yesterday. Most of it is my 12-volt conversion stuff including starter, alternator setup, bulbs, various relays, wiper moter armature, coil, etc. etc. but also a clutch, some rubber seals, engine bits, etc. Everything seems to be of excellent quality.

I got the heat risers in my intake manifold fully cleaned out thanks to a proceedure outlined to me by Bob Hoover, just have to spray it grey now.

Does anyone have any experience with having a set of engine tin powder coated? How much did it cost, how well did it last, etc? I'm also trying to decide how to coat my heat exchangers. I had them hot-tanked and they are really clean but certainly not things of beauty! Can these be powder coated too? If not,any recommendations for a good hi-heat paint?

I ordered a few more parts from RMMW including the 63-67 Transporter Bentley Manual and thermostat parts. I was planning to order a VW emblem for the front of the vehicle but their price for that item has increased considerably from about $24 to about $85 (!). Anyone know any place to get a less expensive VW emblem for a splitty type II? (Arg, I just remembered that I forgot to order one of those $10 rear window seals they have on sale. Well, they have a 1-800 number there after all....)

Thats all for now, much more later!

-Dyer

-- ------------------------ Dyer Lytle dlytle@as.arizona.edu HST NICMOS Project Steward Observatory University of Arizona ------------------------