Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Apr 96 22:55:37 METDST
From:         Pim van Loon <ploon@cis.hzeeland.nl>
Subject:      checked out a bus

Howdy volks,

Maybe you remeber my holiday plans, we (3 students) want to buy an old VW bus, fix it up a bit and cruise europe with it. Well we went to see a bus today. It's a 1972 type II with an 1800cc type IV engine. It's a bit rusty, but the front wheelwels and the floor have already been replaced. It's one of those "I'll finish it someday" projects.

It has a lot of smal spots of surface rust. The rear bottom inch or so and the bodywork around the slidingmechanism (where the rain water gets trapped between the pannels). The is also a dent in the sliding door and some sod has mounted a roofrack by screwing it into the roof ?!? The roofrack is now starting to rust a bit, so the whole thing has to come off to stop it from affecting the roof.

The motor was revised 2 years ago (the bus has been stored since then) so it should be ok. the only main thing is the movement in the shifter. The owner said the rubber/plastic bushings are worn. What do you think ?????

They want about us$ 650 for it. what do you think of that ?? How much would those rubbers that prevent bottoming out, cost ?? They need to be replaced. -- Keep on buggin,

Pim van Loon ploon@cis.hzeeland.nl

VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW

check out my page: http://www.hzeeland.nl/~ploon/index.html for aircooled volkswagen links(80+), events or the complete history

VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW