Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Apr 1996 10:51:10 -0700
From:         busgirl@netcom.com (Martha)
Subject:      CCC's Red Rock food

I just spoke (via telephone answering machine tag) with listmember Jack Stafford, whose been organizing the trip for the 26th-28th of April at Red Rock, east of Bakersfield.

Several people have asked me about what food to bring. As Jack mentioned nothing formal had been planned on that, I'm going to suggest that we do this as on past trips - bring stuff to share, with some sort of common theme. In the early days, we used to be quite formal and tidy about this, having each car sign up for a specific dish, but in later months discovered we all ate just as well with far less stress if we simply "brought stuff to share."

Since all of you drive German cars, Jack (and probably most of the rest of you are) is bringing beer, which is German, and I've just returned from Germany (having the cuisine on my mind), I"m going to suggest that we go with a GErman theme for this one. I'll try to bring some main dish for Saturday nite, and maybe coerce Linda/Steve Johnson or someone to do something for Friday, since I'll probably have to arrive late. Suggestions for dishes for the rest of you to bring might be:

potato salad pretzels bread German wine chocolate cold cuts gemischter salad noodles potato fantasies sausages exotic juices (maybe with rum!? :) cheeses apple strudel, black forest cake, etc.

--

and of course, anything else German you can conceive of.

I'll try to bring my proverbial hot mulled wine.

I don't think anyone has to "sign-up" with me for this stuff, just bring it, unless you have questions. I'll contact the Johnsons privately about Friday dinner entree.

In the past, we've also shared breakfast, but again, I don't think this has to be spelled out - just bring stuff to share: pancakes, waffles, muffins, fruit, juices, bacon, eggs, etc.

Lunch seems to work out well to have everyone just do their own.

Thanks,

/martha busgirl@netcom.com