Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Apr 1996 17:45:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:         Darie Duclos <darie@tell.ascom.ch>
Subject:      Re: losing power

Hi,

Sorry I didn't give enough information. The van was running quite smoothly, just slugishly, no knocking or misfiring that I could feel or hear. Fuel consumption does not seem to have been affected but it's pretty hard to tell because it was only about 50 km of a 1000km trip. Didn't see any smoke in the back. Engine temperature gauge did not indicate unusual highs. The van is running fine now as far as power is concerned. But I'm going on a week long trip in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to have an idea where to look in case it happened again. Could it have something to do with fuel injection? Fuel filter? I could change the latter to be on the safe side I guess..

Thanks, Darie '86 Westfalia