Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         22 Apr 96 11:54:06 EDT
From:         "John Grazul"  <GRAZUL@biology.rutgers.edu>
Subject:      Baltimores OK,  Motels suck

The whole family had a real great time in Baltimore this weekend; so far the only citys that we get along with are baltimore and philly. The motel room that my wife got (for free through master card) reminded us why we ususlly camp. Not only did the room reek of cigarettes but it was filthy by our standards and a child safety nightmare! No play ground, just black top and non-stop bed jumpping for the five year old... uugh we couldn't wait to get a shower at home and disinfect our stuff! What an education for the kids though! There was a group of hookers working the lobby, welfare rooms on the first floor and constant rap music played through the hotel speakers. I was disappointed that there were no used rubbers under the bed or crack vials in the lot. The westy really fit in along with the Arian family from Jersey....my wife will NEVER complain about a little rain or lukewarm showers again.

At Inner harbor a shelter woman wanted to wash our windows for money so that she could buy her kids food....we emptied our cabinets for her! She got apples, oranges, corn flakes, some chips, cheese, and five juice containers...later we found most of the food in the garbage, maybe the food wasn't fresh enough? maybe she will leave westys laden with food and children alone from now on...my kids got more of an education this weekend than I barganed for.

John Grazul Rutgers University Electron Microscope Facility