Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:12:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Maher, Steve (SD-MS)" <SMAHER@gi.com>
Subject:      RE: My Westy diesel needs an engine..YIPPEEEE!

>This gives me the excuse to repower with a gas burner...just the reason I >bought the van in the first place! Now, I could stuff a V-6 in the back, >but I am hearing loong tales of woe about that one. (sorry Steve, I feel >for you, but I just couldn't resist)

No complaints, Tom, I am indeed having problems with the V6anagon. Turns out it's not the V6 engine or the adapter, despite my early STRONG suspicions in that direction. Current prime suspect is a worn transmission input shaft-- the (new) pilot bearing sits pretty loosely on it. Stay tuned.

Odd vibration characteristics of the Chevy 2.8L V6 engine, still make me scratch my head.

_______ /\ o o o\ Steve Maher smaher@gi.com 75461,1717 /o \ o o o\_______ San Diego, California < >------> o /| \ o/ o /_____/o| '80 VW V6anagon \/______/ |oo| '66 Mustang Coupevertible | o |o/ '89 Son Sherwin |_______|/ http://www.lookup.com/homepages/76242/home.html

"Tax the rich, subsidize the poor." "From each according to his means, to each according to his needs." Any Questions?