Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 03 Apr 96 08:49:02 CST
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: f/ Re: spark plugs and fuel economy ???

*I* was grossly misquoted as saying: >> - since i put Bosch triple-prong plugs (into my 88 vanagon), my >>anal-retentive recordkeeping :)

then Dan "Obesely Compulsive" snorted: >i thought this list determined that "Obsessive/Compulsive" was the >correct diagnosis? Which is it? I mean, we can't be using the >incorrect term when the correct term is available, can we? That's >what's wrong with society nowadays, we settle for the mediocre and >'pretty good'. Where has exactness gone? Orderliness? Linear >concrete thinking? I mean I'm not being obsessive about this am I? >Or is it compulsive? :)

well, *I* always thought "anal retentive" meant "an asshole that keeps everything". sort of a packrat with an attitude.

while an "obsessive/compulsive" is just one of those really pushy people who are always in your face about everything ... sort of like your brother- in-law, after about six beers.

i think i was more right. :) ask Tobin and Christa where i keep my oil filters. :)

joel