Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:06:36 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Jim Ellis)
Subject:      Jalousie window rubber is in! (at hand)

Not installed yet.

Picked up the grey rubber gasket "spline" poop for around the jalousie windows this afternoon. The guage of the rubber is a bit thinner than stock but promises to to look pretty good (close but not exact) when installed. At least it's fresh, not weathered. I will wait to install before making any proclimations of victory. The stuff cost me something like $12.00 (US) for 35-40'. I could have had the 100' roll for $30 but I figured ther would be more where that came from. It is a regularly available item. I will let you all know how it goes. First impression is that absolute purists might want to stick with the old dried useless stock stuff for the "look." The soaking of the stock gaskets in Goop provided marginal if any results. Just made them smell like Goop amd got the dirt off. -ellis\