Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:09:37 -0400
From:         Claralw@aol.com
Subject:      early walk through seats

micheal said:

i am also looking for the "older style" (i.e. the seat doesn't slide on runners) drivers style seat for a 59 walk thru bus. all seat conditions considered but

would like to find a nice one -------

i say take what you can find- these are hard to get. I have only found one of these, which was from Moselle, a 61 walk through micro. Mike sold her to Joe, who sold her to Jakin, who sold her to some guy who put a motor in her. Also put in other seats. We found the seat in a junkyard on the Olympic penninsula, which was odd to find familiar bits from a bus you drove around for a couple years. anyway, the seat went to Jeff Slater, for his double door walk througfh 61 delivery van. The seat had gotten pretty ratty, but he was glad to get it.

I think that design is awful, myself, as the driver does NOT sit behind the steering wheel, but slightly to the side, which can give you a crick in the back like all get out. I'm not too impressed by the set up on the passenger side of the later (63-67) walk through, either. (maybe it's worse for me as my back is still messed up from being run into in November) That's my own personal biased opinion, and i'm not driving any walk through buses anymore. I'd unload the bus on someone else.