Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Apr 1996 20:09:52 -0700
From:         jbsmith@ix.netcom.com (Jason B. Smith)
Subject:      Searching For Westys & Slider Door Parts....

Howdy all! I am on the prowl for 2 Westys and a sliding door mechanism for a 73-79 Bus. I guess I should elaborate - the Westy search is for a couple of friends of mine and I thought I would try the List first! The door mechanism is for a neighbor's van who blew the "white metal" to pieces when it seized up. On with the show....

Desperately seeking 87-89 Westy, preferrably no Syncros, manual transmission, but loaded to the gills with power all and A/C. Must be in hyperclean, showroom-like shape for a somewhat anal retentive owner that will mother it to death! Ahhh, yes, the caveat - the potential Westy mustn't have more than 50K on the odometer (yes, that's the first time around!). Any hints, pointers, vehicles? The gentleman seems to be willing to pay a decent price for the "perfect" Westfalia!

Next request - any 80's Westy in pretty darn good shape. Should be reasonably nice mechanically and cosmetically, with good camping interior. This fellow would like to stay between $3500-3900. Any takers, perchance?

Finally, some pieces parts. A slider door mechanism for a late model bay window. This is the piece attached to the roller "doohingey" that cruises along the top or "beltline" track and makes your slider open and close happily. VWoA would like to remove $240.00 for said item! Anyone have a junked out Bus or a spare one of these lying around that could be had for slightly (okay, a LOT) cheaper?

Well, guess that's it! If anyone can help out, please email me at the above address. I appreciate the patience and hope this finds the Listmembers well and good! I brought my '73 Sportsmobile out of storage on Sunday and we've been transversing the Western New York countryside with glee! See you on the road.....

Jason Smith jbsmith@ix.netcom.com

P.S. - Travelling for the Westys is not out of the question, but I would prefer to stay in the approximate "top-right" quadrant of the country. The slider mechanism can come from wherever - it's quite a bit easier to ship than a Vanagon! :-)