Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Apr 1996 20:23:58 -0500
From:         perring@infocom.net
Subject:      '69 BUS; NEW ENGINE HELP/INFO

I JUST SIGNED ON HERE WITH THE SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF TRYING TO GET BADLY NEEDED HELP ON A DISASTER THAT I AM FACED WITH CONCERNING MY 1969 BUS AND MY BEING TOLD THE "ENGINE IS SHOT"

OK.... I'll post more details later this evening, but right off, I am wondering if anyone has ever purchased a re-built engine from any of the advertised sources I see in magazines and what was the experience of doing same.

What was the cost of the engine? What was the overall impression of what you purchased after you received the engine, and what was the total $$$ expense in getting the installation completed, and up and running?

I'll expand on my situation in a later posting, but right now I am hot to get this basic info in my fists as fast as possible.

I just took our bus to a local shop and have been given the "engine is shot" statement. Now I am confronted with an offering of $1,500.00 for a "new" engine installation, but the shop is saying "those re-builds that you buy are pretty much all no good, we'd rather do the re-build ourselves" !!

DUM DE DUM DUM , BAD VIBES ARE GOING OFF IN MY WALLET AND IN MY HEAD. AM I GONNA GET JUNK? AM I GONNA GET $@#%@#$ ? (Bad subservient act) HOW DO I EXERT CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY OF WHAT I AM GETTING MOUNTED INTO MY CAMPER ?

Thanx, I need comforting here in a bad way ! :-( Bob Perring Houston, Texas ...... new to the list as of just a few minutes ago.

/////\\ ( # # ) *****oOO-(_)-OOo************************************** Bob & Mary Beth Perring Houston, Texas e-mail perring@infocom.net Web site http://www.infocom.net/~perring/bucky.html ******************************************************