Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Apr 1996 11:21:11 -0400
From:         dworkin@ari.net (H Steven Dolan)
Subject:      '79 Parts and Pizza Party (Balt./DC/Fredericksburg area)

To all Baltimore/Washington/Fredericksburg area list members, especially those who have written about parts from the '79 (and there are now a lot of you)......

My folks (who own the land under the van) have sent down tablets from on high that say the it WILL be gone Monday. As a result, I am sorry to say that we have to act fast in getting parts off it. In addition, I am otherwise busy as a one-armed paper hanger. Thus, I propose the following:

First, for all Baltwash members, I would suggest (since we may already have a fair number of vans in Springfield, VA anyway{see below}) that we hold an impromptu gathering at Generous George's Pizza Place in Springfield VA, for Pizza and beer at about 4:30PM this Sunday for one of those get togethers that we get so envious about when the the West coast folks post trip reports (We can have Red Rocks, too.... Even if it is Killian's Red and Rolling Rocks).

Second, for those interested in parts, I will be at the van to help with stripping and loading from 9:00 AM Sunday 'til 4:00 PM Sunday. If you want big parts (doors, engine, seats, etc.) that would be the best time to get them. I will also be available this Friday 12:00 - 6:00 PM, by appointment. If you can't make it then, I *may* be able to store 1 van load at my town house for a couple of days (maybe...). If you want small parts, are in the Netherlands or California ;-), and we have made arrangements; don't sweat it, I got you covered. I will be preparing a list of who I think have first, second and third dibs on each piece and posting it tommorow, after which I would appreciate a confirmation (include you phone number)**. The van will be located less than 2 minutes off the Springfield, VA exit, about 1/2 mile south of the I-495, off I-95. I will give specific directions on confirmation, as my folks are real sensitive about people showing up when I am not there or who I cannot at least claim to know the name of.

Sound like a plan? I will try to get the semi-final dibs list up as early as possible tomorrow evening.

Steve Dolan Alexandria, VA