Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:57:26 -0300 (ADT)
From:         smitht@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Tim Smith)
Subject:      Re: '84 wassertemp gauge

>or idling in traffic. The total swing is probably 3-4 needle-widths (don't >you just love a calibrated gauge?) The engine warms up in a "normal" amount of

seems a bit larger than usual, mine normally stays +/- one needle width from red light at mid gauge. Not enough to worry about though, IMHO.

>seems they've managed to put the sender somewhere where it doesn't even SENSE a >"loss of coolant accident"! I know, the gauge does give clues about stuck

Nope! Your vanagon will gleefully let you know when you have low coolant level. That flashing red LED when you first turn on is showing the cct. works. Once the level in the main tank drops below the sender while running it will flash again. At which point you have 10 seconds before your very own Chernobyl-style meltdown starts. Tim Smith