Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:36:42 -0700
From:         Kevin Collins <kevinc@boardwalk.net>
Subject:      FS 71 bus San Jose CA area

71 Bus 1600 bug engine Runs well fairly ugly.. a mish mash of paint .. some rust but the body is pretty straight.. good rubber.. stereo..

On to the important stuff:

Currently with a non-operating permit because I just brought it down from Washington and still didn't get it together before my time limit ran out (today) from the DMV for registering an out of state car. I just bought another car and don't have the time to get things going again or the money to keep 2 cars running.

It has the smoggable equipment on it... I bought distributor, 34 pic 3 carb and dual port manifold like it's supposed to have and replaced the same- 2 barrel Weber carb, companion air cleaner, smooth intake manifold and centrifigal advance dist. are waiting for the smog certification to be reinstalled. In other words, they are sitting in a box and if you want, you can swap 'em on after you make it California legal.

Needs clutch throwout bearing, and has some popping out of 4th. Could be trans. or maybe the after market gear shifter.

YES IT DOES DRIVE! You're welcome to take a sneaky spin in the neighborhood with me even thought it's a non-op tag. If you're in the area, I'll tow it if you buy it and don't want to drive it home 'cause of the tags.

$500

If interested, email me.

kevinc@boardwalk.net

Thanks.

_______________ Kevin Collins kevinc@boardwalk.net Boardwalk Internet 430 Monterey Avenue Suite 5-C Los Gatos CA 95030 Vox 408-395-9566 Fax 408-395-9169 http://www.boardwalk.net/ http://www.boardwalk.net/kevin