Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Apr 1996 12:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Still in litigation <jwilson@robles.callutheran.edu>
Subject:      Re: Cool Notify found 10 vehicles.

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Bob Hufford wrote:

> I've been using this service for a couple of days (trying to find an > Auto/Westie for a friend). A couple of entries stood out -- automatics > as early as '56 (or just bad form filling) ... > > On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Classifieds2000 wrote: > > > > VW - Bus, '62, - $ 2,800/OBO, Los Angeles > > - Private Party, (310)944-5801 > > - Options: Passenger minivan, AT ^^ > > - Desc: DELUX 15 wndw new 1776 motor trans perfect rnng ond needs > > paint some headliner very clean must sell call or > > > > VW - Bus, '56, - $ 3,300/OBO, South Bay > > - Private Party, (310)326-6163 > > - Options: Passenger minivan, AT ^^ > > - Desc: factory sunroof new tires trans 1600 dual port perfect rnng > > condition > >

Alright, I'm just a little curious as to where these classic Volkwagens are getting their automatic transmissions from... Unless I'm opening my mouth up more than my brain again trying to figure out what AT stands for in an automobile add. I bet these are the same people who are selling their vans because they don't go fast enough. Hint: try second gear. It's not an automatic....

-Jason