Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 01 Apr 96 14:57:22 EST
From:         "ray hale" <ray.hale@santafe.cc.fl.us>
Subject:      GEX update

Hi again, I believe my last post (re: 1600 SP purchased from GEX and gone bad) was when I was still waiting to hear from GEX re: the bad head I sent back. I received a phone call from Larry, the owner of GEX, telling me he was concerned about my problem with this motor and to send back the whole long block. The head I sent them made them think the problem was elsewhere in the motor.

Being tired of dealing with this, I sort of dumped on the guy. Basically I stated that if I was just sending the motor back to them so they could call me and say my warranty was void due to overheating, tell me now so I can save the energy of crating, etc and deal with it myself. I was reassured that they would fix this motor or send me another one.

So, off it goes this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed for me. My follow up letter to Larry is to the point about what will satisfy me. I also let him know I was active on the net and that I planned to be at the Busses in the Blue Ridge Rally in June, either singing his praises or cursing him loudly. They must know that word of mouth is their most important advertising. I just hope they still care. Right now I feel confident. But then I'm tired of being negative. This is easier and less stressful. He honestly seemed to be interested in making this right. More to come. Ray So far, my regret is not buying locally.